TSSSA Athletics Championships
A complete athletics programme is run on the day on both the track and the field. Taranaki Athletics use the results on the day to help select the Taranaki team to attend the North Island Secondary Schools Athletics Championship.
Registrations for Hammer, Pole Vault, Steeplechase, 3km Walk & all Hurdle Events are to be sent to Karen Gillum-Green @ NPGHS before Thursday 8th March. All remaining events do not require registration in advance.
INFORMATION FOR MANAGERS AND ATHLETES
The Meeting Manager may alter the following information:
1. 9.30am – Managers’ and Officials Meeting
2. 9.30am – Hammer and Pole Vault begin if required
10am – Track events start
3. Athletes in Hurdles, 100m, 200m, 300m and 400m events
must use a crouch start and starting blocks
4. Athletes in track events must know if they are number
1, 2, etc this being in order of best athlete.
5. Lane draws for track events will be made as follows –
Heats by Marshals, Finals by recorders at the tent.
6. In all heats and finals, all place getters must report to the
7. For track events, finalists will be found on times. If not enough competitors for heats, the one heat will be run as a final, AT THE HEAT TIME
8. Hurdles will be run in heats and placed on times.
9. 800m and 1500m are straight finals
10. In walking races, the following groups will race together –
JG, IG, JB, IB and SG, SB
11. The 3000m, boys will all race at the same time. Girls may
also be included if there are few entries.
12. The top eight throwers / jumpers, provided they have bettered the
standards, will be given an additional 3 throws / jumps.
13. Relays will be run in two heats and placed on times.
14. Please ensure that athletes are aware of the basic rules affecting their
events. Officials will be fair, but firm, so that high standards
of competition are maintained.
15. Uniform – Athletes must compete in correct school uniform.
Officials will be notified what these are, and will exclude any athlete not in uniform. If you have recently changed your athletic uniform, please let the Meeting Manager know.
Uniform: Athletes must compete in correct school uniform. Officials will be notified what these are, and will exclude any person not in uniform. If you have recently changed your athletic uniform, could you please inform the Meeting Manager.
Junior -Under 14 on 1 January 2018
Intermediate - Under 16 on 1 January 2018
Senior - over on 1 January 2018