Outstanding service to Secondary School Sport acknowledged
26 Nov 2018
On Friday night at the 2018 Taranaki Sports Awards, TSSSA acknowledged and recognised the service of four outstanding school sport staff.
The TSSSA Service Award recognises people who have given an outstanding and highly commendable contribution to secondary school sport in the Taranaki Region, of at least 15 years’ duration to a school or sport connected to a school team.
The 2018 recipients were:
- Karen is the current sports coordinator at NPGHS, a role which she has been in for 22 years.
- Karen lives & breathes athletics and has had a 20+ year involvement in athletics as the president of TET athletics Taranaki
- Karen is passionate about young people and is incredibly generous with her time - Since 1976 Karen has been coaching many of the regions young athletes and is currently involved with 22 aspiring athletes.
- Karen’s support of and service to TSSSA has been outstanding.
- Teri has been involved in school sport at Waitara HS for 25 years. Teri is the current sports coordinator at the school and he makes sport happen.
- Teri goes above & beyond to ensure students have the greatest opportunity to participate and excel.
- Antony has been involved in school sport for 26 years in his role as a Physical education teacher at Spotswood College.
- Since 1993 Antony has played a huge role in school volleyball.
- Antony was quoted by one of his students as a “fantastic coach, humble caring parent, teacher & mentor”
- Jenni has been involved in school sport at Hawera HS for over thirty years.
- Jenni has been heavily involved in netball throughout this time period in a range of roles.
- Jenni's commitment to netball, both at Hawera HS, in the community & Taranaki wide as been outstanding - “without her time & effort, our school would be lost for netball”
TSSSA are proud to acknowledge the time, effort and passion these four individuals have demonstrated through their service to Secondary School Sport.